Brandon LOVES his new wooden garbage truck. ANYTHING Melissa and Doug always pleases...but a Melissa and Doug garbage truck! Could there be anything better?!
I title this picture "orange crush". We decided to carve pumpkins this morning (it was a beautiful morning outside). Bre would not allow me to slice into her pumpkin b/c "I love it too much."
Brandon's carved...it looks much better at night w/ a candle illuminating it (and you don't see the pen marks)
We have the best garbage man ever. About 2 months ago he noticed how excited Brandon got when he came by and he started performing for Brandon...using the mechanical arm to put the garbage can on the sidewalk, slide the can up and down, honk his horn, wave. About 6 weeks ago after he picked up our garbage he got out of his truck and came over and introduced himself to us. Brandon was just in awe. He couldn't hardly look at him. Then he gave him a high-five and I thought he was going to pass out w/ excitement. Ever since then Marc will get out of his truck and come say "hi" to us. I told him that Brandon was going to be a garbage man and wear a garbage truck for Halloween and he loved the idea...and took pictures of the costume. Today he brought the kids these Mr. Potato Head inserts that you put in your pumpkin (I don't know what you call them but I'm sure you have seen them). The kids had so much fun w/ their pumpkins today. And our garbage man has earned a healthy Christmas bonus!!








2 comments:
WOW....what a great Garbage Man!! Who ever got presents from the Garbage Man?!?! Sorry about the garbage truck PROJECT! I thought it would be a "family craft" instead of just another chore for you! ; ( But I'm glad Brandon likes it!
LOVED THE PUMPKINS! How sweet that Bre didnt want to carve hers!
xoxo
no, no...it wasn't a chore...I was poking fun at myself--after all, a SIX year old was supposed to be able to do it! What's my problem?
;0
Post a Comment