Friday, January 2, 2009

"that wheel ran over on top of me!"

Brandon got a really big owie today. We went to the park and as Brandon was running down a hill, a boy on a bike was rolling down said hill...and happened to run right into our little man. Both boys were pretty shook up about it. Brandon had a GIANT bump under his eye w/in seconds. We were able to get ice on it right away and that helped w/ the immediate swelling. And then we stopped and got some children's tylenol on the way home. Neither Bre or Brandon have ever had it before. I gave some to Brandon and he said "mmm...I want more." The little man will probably have a big headache in the a.m. I was amazed at how quickly he bounced back...they are tough!! Here's a couple pictures...but the photos don't do his injury justice...it's pretty nasty. (Look to the side of his right eye.)

6 comments:

Johnson Family said...

Oh Brandon Pre, I really wish that I could say that this was the only big owie you'll have to face in your life but I'm afraid I'd be wrong. Active boys have a way of finding themselves with big owies...trust me, I know. =) I hope that your head doesn't hurt too bad in the morning and glad to see that you bounced right back! Bouncing right back, yet another thing that active boys are good at...let us all know how you are doing tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

Poor Little Dude. I'm sure it hurt you a little more than him, being the Mommie. You are right though, they do bounce, pretty well. Be thankful it wasn't worse. XO Auntie K.

Suz... said...

thanx for the comments...yeah, I'm thankful it's not worse...certainly could have been! I remember asking the big kid that hit him if he was o.k. He said yes but his leg looked pretty banged up.

beBOLDjen said...

Oh poor little buddie! That looks pretty nasty. Glad he seems to be handling his trauma so well. He's a toughie for sure!

Janet said...

OH MAN!! OUCH!! But WOW...HE DOESNT LOOK ANY WORSE FOR WEAR!! In fact...looks like he took it all in stride & is enjoying having his picture taken & the attention!! GOOD MAN!
I also have to say...he doesnt look like a baby anymore!! ; (
Please tell him for me that Auntie Janet sends her love & XOXOX & TO PLEASE STOP GETTING ANY BIGGER BEFORE I SEE HIM AGAIN!
...and to tell people...'YOU SHOULD HAVE SEEN THE OTHER GUY'!!!

Shana said...

Who knew you should wear a bike helmet even when you aren't riding a bike? Poor little guy! I also have to say I agree with Janet about how he looks so much older all of the sudden. Crazy!