Thursday, January 15, 2009

One of my favorite treats.


These are Heidi's Chewy Oatmeal Cookies and they get rave reviews whenever made. Have a couple w/ a cup of tea and you will be in heaven!! Here's the recipe (I don't think she'll mind me sharing):

Chewy Oatmeal Cookies
3/4 C. butter, softened
1 C honey
1 egg
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
3 C. oats
1 C. whole-wheat flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 Tbsp. cinnamon
1 C. raisins
3/4 C. coconut (optional - I usually don't use b/c I typically don't have it on hand)

Mix butter, honey and vanilla. Add egg. Add dry ingredients. Drop on lightly greased cookie sheet (although I use parchment paper for ease of clean-up) and bake for 10-12 minutes at 375 degrees. Yield: 2 1/2 doz. Good warm - better room temp.

4 comments:

Janet said...

OH...THESE LOOK YUMMY! Can you freeze some of these for when I come visit!!!?!?

Shana said...

I am thinking these would be fairly healthy since they have honey not sugar and whole wheat flour. Do you mind if I post this on my new fat blog?

Suz... said...

feel free! i made another batch today...we are going hiking and thought they would make a nice treat for me and the kids while we are out exploring...

Suz... said...

no, Janet, we can't...but we can make you a fresh batch for you when you come. :)