Just want to share a couple new favorites of mine...I've emailed a couple of you w/ this one artist I just heard of...her name is Colbie Caillat. If you google her name you'll have an opportunity to view her myspace account and there are 4 songs to listen to. She's GREAT! I really enjoy her style. She is coming out w/ an album this month (I think on the 17th). She has been touring w/ the goo-goo dolls. I'm bummed I missed her when they were in town recently. I like the goo-goo dolls, too. Anyway...check her out--you won't be disappointed.
Also, for kids...The Laurie Berkner Band is my kids new favorite. Must take a moment to thank Auntie Tiff for the DVD/CD...I don't think I've done so yet. She gave it to the kids in April when we were in Portland and I just keep forgetting to mention it. So...thanx Auntie Tiff!! Bre and Brandon LOVE it!! Bre especially loves "the girl w/ the bouncy hair". It's a very creative, upbeat, unique kids "sound". I googled her name, too, and got the website--interesting how the band members met and decided to pursue children's music--have you read in to her, Tiff?
O.k., that is all for now...let me know what you think!
Love,
Su!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








3 comments:
I hadn't read up on Laurie Berkner until just now. =) That is a very interesting story but now I have to Google the other bands they were involved in just to see what they were like. I'm glad to hear that Bre and Brandon like it as much as my and all the other kids that frequent my house do. Oh, and I'm sure that we will own the Colbie CD soon too!
Brandon's favorite Laurie Berkner song is "We are the Dinosaurs"...Bre says they all are her favorite. And my favorite is "Vito Vasco".
Noah's Favorite - I'm Gonna Catch You; Ollie's - Buzz Buzz (because he likes to buzz himself); My favorite - Moon Moon Moon. I think between our two families we have darn near covered the entire CD.
Post a Comment