We had a guest speaker at church today. He is the youth leader pastor. The youth group just got back from a week-long missions trip to Mexico. While there they installed a guard rail on a mountain road, built and painted a wall (don't exactly know why) and did other work to help out local churches. Today he was recapping some of their happenings...as well as preaching on the purpose of one's life--big task!
He used an analogy that I really like...and that is that we are gloves...and w/o God (the hand) inside our glove we can do nothing. The hand can turn pages in a book, can "high five", can cross fingers...can do anything. But a glove alone can do nothing. Unless it is filled w/ the hand. Then, it can do all the things, through the hand, that the hand alone can do.
I liked this analogy. W/o the hand, the glove is useless. It lays on a shelf, in a cupboard. It can not act on its own. And when one ponders the purpose of their life, for me, that only means being filled w/ the living water. How else can I live my life to its full potential? I can only lie on a shelf. And once I realize that my purpose is to fulfill His plan...that's when I can step out of the way, get off the shelf and let God lead me.
We are surely clay to be molded...thirsty to be filled w/ water...and empty without THE hand filling us.
So, Jen, this is what I've been thinking about. You asked in your last blog entry...so here it is.
I could go further on this. I will/maybe write more later.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








1 comment:
Thanks for sharing Su! I like tht analogy too!
Post a Comment