O.k., so I've decided to stray from the typical entry I post...adorable pictures of my two gems. I just finished reading a blog entry of a dear friend about life's journeys, struggles and how God uses every situation to better His kingdom. After reading her honest and open (and educational) article I decided to write something of my own.
Once, at Crossroad's Church in Vancouver, WA, Pastor Bill Ritchie stated "God's grace is much larger than my grasp". I had that quote hanging on my fridge for at least 7 years. The words were written on the back of a church bulletin. They were written slanted on the page and in pencil. The peice was torn on all four sides...there was nothing pretty about it. But it stayed consistently there (until it was no longer legible) as a reminder that I can do nothing that Jesus has not countered on the cross.
I know it well, the story that is. But I can't grasp it. What I can know is that He has a plan for my life. And that includes His unending grace. And because of this I have to be thankful for how He uses me. My circumstance. My desires. My abilities. And I must seek Him and His will for my life so that I might use my life for His sake.
It's comforting to know that my life is in His hands. It's comforting to know that I don't need to know it all. And it's comforting to know that I can't grasp the greatness of God's grace to me. Because it's comforting to rest comfortably in His grace. I think I'm going to write down that phrase from Pastor Ritchie again. And hang it on my fridge.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








1 comment:
Love this post...
Post a Comment